Best Lawyers, in conjunction with U.S. News & World Report, ranked Conway & Mrowiec as Tier 1 nationally for Construction Litigation - - one of only two firms of its small size nationally.
For each of 2006 through 2016, Timothy R. Conway and John S. Mrowiec, and in 2013, Edward B. Keidan, have been selected by their peers to “Best Business Lawyers in America.” In 2012, Best Lawyers selected Timothy R. Conway as “Lawyer of the Year” in Chicago for Construction Litigation. For the years 2013-16, Best Lawyers ranked the firm as “Tier One” nationally in Illinois in both Litigation-Construction and Construction Litigation. For 2014, Best Lawyers selected John S. Mrowiec as "Lawyer of the Year" in Chicago for Construction Law. For 2016, Conway & Mrowiec is the smallest firm to be included as "Tier One" nationally for Construction Litigation.
In late 2002, Mrowiec was named to the Leading Lawyers Network’s Advisory Board as one of the top 1% of lawyers in Illinois, one of only seven lawyers in the state concentrating in construction law selected. In each year 2003 through 2016, Tim Conway and John Mrowiec were selected as among the top construction lawyers in Illinois.
Since 1989 to present, Martindale-Hubbell gives both Tim Conway and John Mrowiec their highest rating: AV, currently "AV-Preeminent."
The firm and its partners received the following unsolicited commentary in Chambers & Partners USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business:
- "Commentators describe [John Mrowiec] as 'an excellent attorney who really knows his stuff.'"
- “this compact but nimble construction boutique provides strong representation . . . sources are particularly quick to commend its impressive performance in complex litigation matters.”
- “John Mrowiec receives high marks from peers for his strong counsel on contract drafting, claims, litigation, mediation and arbitration.”
- “Timothy Conway has significant experience in litigation and arbitration work on projects related to power plants, highways, sports facilities and high-rise buildings.”
- “boasts an experience and knowledgeable team, expert in contract negotiation, project management and steering clients through mediation, arbitration or litigation. In maintaining an excellent industry reputation . . . John Mrowiec and Tim Conway are . . . commended as erudite construction lawyers by peers.”
- “Mrowiec is described as ‘an exceptional, very acute lawyer.’”
- “Conway is praised for his ‘careful and serious’ approach.”
- “Founding partner John Mrowiec deals with complex contractual issues for developers. Market commentators describe him as ‘a very good construction lawyer and a wonderful person to interact with.’”
- “Timothy Conway is ‘a careful and precise construction lawyer.’”
- “excellent construction attorneys”
- Tim Conway is “a very bright individual”, “fierce as can be in the courtroom” but maintains “a fair and reasoned approach to matters.”
- John Mrowiec is “very well respected as a ‘highly skilled construction litigator.’”
- “a ‘talented team providing an A-1 service’ to clients.”
- “is held in high esteem by its peers.”
- “Clients praise the depth of the team’s knowledge and impressive success rate, with one summing it up as comprising ‘great communicators, skilled litigators and first rate strategists.’”
- “Timothy Conway ‘understands projects inside-out and knows detailed answers off the top of his head.’”
- “John Mrowiec ‘looks at everything from a businessman’s perspective first. He has the ability to get right to the heart of the matter and will aggressively fight your corner.’”
- “The attorneys now constitute a ‘hands-on group of very smart, very sharp, very practically minded performers.’”
- “[E]xcellent up-and-coming firm, who know how to efficiently try cases.”
- “They really understand construction through the eyes of contractors.”
- “Tim Conway is ‘very bright and talented’ and earned praise for his ‘personable and collegiate’ approach to litigation.”
- “John Mrowiec is ‘equally talented and intelligent’ and successfully resolved an eight-figure mechanics’ lien priority dispute with a project lender.”
- “Rivals are impressed by this five-attorney boutique’s track record on large, complex work.”
- “‘Down-to-earth and hard-working,’ Tim Conway was also praised as ‘smart and aggressive.’”
- “[Conway] and John Mrowiec, who is described as a ‘keen intellect’, make a formidable team.”
- “Commended to researchers as a class act in Chicago.”
- “possessing a strong name for contentious work”
- “Although the group comprises just five lawyers, clients trust the team’s ability to get the work done promptly.”
- “The firm is appreciated by rivals for being ‘resolution-oriented and not too battle-ready.’”
- “Tim Conway is ‘levelheaded.’ Contemporaries believe that he ‘comes alive’ in court, where his technical mastery and ‘smooth style’ make him ‘highly effective for jury cases.’”
The Legal 500 rated the firm as among the top in the United States for construction litigation, stating:
- “Conway & Mrowiec has built a national reputation as a boutique which offers ‘depth and expertise in complex cases as well as an ability to take on large cases.’”