Edward B. Keidan
20 South Clark Street
Chicago IL 60603
Edward Keidan is a partner at Conway & Mrowiec. He has represented contractors, design/builders and trade contractors in payment disputes, delay damages claims, defective work claims and other disputes.
Mr. Keidan was selected by his peers to Best Lawyers, Leading Lawyers and Super Lawyers (Construction Litigation). He is a member of the American Bar Association, Construction Forum, and is a member of the Division 5 - General Contractors - Steering Committee.
Mr. Keidan is a frequent speaker at construction industry seminars. Most recently, he has spoken on the AIA family of construction documents, and Public Contracting issues.
Mr. Keidan is a veteran of numerous trials, arbitrations and mediations. His cases have included representation of a trade contractor in prosecution of a substantial claim on a concert pavilion, defense of an EPC power plant contractor from tower tier claims, a trade association concerning the constitutionality of MBE/WBE requirements, recovery for two different telecommunications contractors on mechanics lien claims in numerous states against bankrupt providers, a trade contractor’s recovery against a steel fabricator tried in federal court regarding a Kansas City arena, representation of a trade contractor seeking payment on a Nevada casino project, recovery for a prime contractor of extended duration damages on a church project, productivity claims on a large Texas project, and a drainage and a differing site conditions claim in Ohio.
Mr. Keidan received his undergraduate degree, with distinction, and his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Michigan.
- Skyline Roofing & Sheet Metal Company, Inc. v. Ziolkowski Construction, Inc., 26 N.E. 3d 1024 (Ind. App. 2015)
- St. Paul Fire & Marine Insurance Co. v. Rausch Construction Co., 2004 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 20753 (N.D. Ill. 2004)
- Builders Association of Greater Chicago v. City of Chicago, 298 F. Supp. 2d 725 (N.D. Ill. 2003)
- Builders Association of Greater Chicago v. County of Cook, 256 F.3d 642 (7th Cir. 2001), affirming, 123 F. Supp. 2d 1087 (N.D. Ill. 2000)
- Delaney v. DeTella, 123 F. Supp. 2d 429 (N.D. Ill. 2000)
- Chase Commercial Corp. v. Brandt, 1999 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 16441 (N.D. Ill. 1999)